Nav problems

X-Minolta

L1: Registered
Jan 31, 2023
Hi everyone, i'm working on a map and i want to make sure that bot works well on it but lately i notice that bots have issues in some part of the map and now i'm stuck with a nav problem on a blue spawn exit that the bot use rarely and when they use it they chose only one path making hard for them to steal the intel (since they always go in the middle), so i use nav_edit to see whats the problem and i notice that the blue nav is different from the red one: 20230220152214_1.jpg
20230220152139_1.jpg
as you can see the red nav is made perfectely meanwhile in the blue one the nav is shorter and have the nav on the handrail
20230220152034_1.jpg20230220152155_1.jpg
same goes here in the part where they always go the bot if they decide to choose to exit behind them completely and the blue bots ignore the bottom part.
they are other parts that the bot have issues but they aren't a big problem for now, anyway i tried to change this part of the map many time but the bot seems to have issue navigating there.

Waffe

L5: Dapper Member
Dec 2, 2012
Try func_nav_prefer or _avoid. These mark the nav cells within them as to be preferred or avoided by the bots.

You can add some avoid flags on the routes you don't want the bots to use with nav_avoid. Don't mark the whole route as to be avoided, or else the bots will almost never use it. When you're satisfied you can make the same changes to the hammer file. Oddly, no nav_prefer command exists (that I know of.)

X-Minolta

L1: Registered
Jan 31, 2023
Try func_nav_prefer or _avoid. These mark the nav cells within them as to be preferred or avoided by the bots.

You can add some avoid flags on the routes you don't want the bots to use with nav_avoid. Don't mark the whole route as to be avoided, or else the bots will almost never use it. When you're satisfied you can make the same changes to the hammer file. Oddly, no nav_prefer command exists (that I know of.)
i've tried by put the func_nav_avoid around the handrail and a func_nav_prefer on the stair but anything change the nav stay the same and the blue bots continue to rarely use that part of the map and ignore the bottom part.

anyway the map is this if you want to check yourself: https://tf2maps.net/downloads/ctf_basicsx.15178/