ARENA Multiplex

Jeremy

L11: Posh Member
Oct 24, 2010
a7a:
Major optimisation changes
Added outside things
Swapped BLU and RED forts (the spawns are in the same places, but the forts behind them have swapped)
Fixed odd blotchy shadows (only to be confronted by more. ugh)

Jeremy

Oct 24, 2010
Yesterday's gameday showed that Scouts were usually at a huge advantage (especially FaN Scouts). I have some ideas to fix this as soon as possible but if anyone has some suggestions, post them here please.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Oct 24, 2010
What's that? It's not an Arena map anymore?!
No it's not - it's now a King of the Hill map, with 90% less roofs, 60% more night and 3.0625% more fire!

a8:
Changed gamemode to KOTH (that's right folks, it's no longer an arena map - see OP's post)
Added health packs
Map now takes place at night
Demolished big bloody building that was useless
Clipped off 90% of the roofs
Finally added fire effect somewhere

Last edited:

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
I seem to be lone wolf on field of new arena maps now, stop turning all arena maps to KOTH! :(
Good luck in world of king of the hill in any case.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Oct 24, 2010
Yeah sorry. Generally I prefer KotH over Arena.

And on both gamedays this map was on people said it would be better as a KotH map so I decided to try out that concept.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Oct 24, 2010
a8b:
Added a bit more detail to displacement alpha
Picked up truck from MOT - it has a new engine and a new lick of paint (i.e it drives around the map once again and it is now a RED truck)
Got rid of BLU truck and placed a dumptruck in its place
Fixed physics props not colliding with players (hopefully)

(also, why does nobody post here :()

Jeremy

Oct 24, 2010
I wasn't here for yesterday's gameday when my map was on. I'll check the STV later, but this thread has been dead for over a week. I would like some discussion..

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
The map was very very dark, you need to use lights that light up the area's outside better.

Your brought breakable windows back, which, honestly, I'm not a fan of.

There really needs to be more of a buffer zone between spawns and the point, you just have an open area. Adding said buffer zone will help with optimization and gameplay.