mountain base

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by slarti, Jun 22, 2009.

1. slarti

slarti L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    BLU has finally gathered enough Intel and has found the hidden mountain base of RED. Now BLU has to infiltrate the base and detonate a bomb right in the heart of the it.

Hi,
    pl_mountain_base is my first map so I appreciate every kind of feedback. It is a 1 stage payload map based on the typical James Bond/Secret Agent theme where a hidden base inside a mountain was constructed by the arch enemy of the protagonist (in this case RED ;)).

TODO
    pretty much everything

Changelog
    a1
    initial release

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  2. Nerdbot

Nerdbot L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    The screenshots look pretty friggin' nice for an alpha. Of course, I haven't run through the map, but this looks pretty good so far.

My only suggestion I could possibly make based solely on the screenshots: the rock wall textures in the third shot should be cranked up larger so as to look less repetitive. But it IS still an alpha and all.

3. Don

Don L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    This, Alpha1?

If you plan on making 3 alpha max, I can understand....

Holy crap, looks amazing!

4. (-TN-) Ben2

(-TN-) Ben2 L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    the first screenshot is beautiful

5. slarti

slarti L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    yeah, I know that I probably should have released earlier to test the layout of the map but as this is my first tf2 and hammer project I wanted to try different things with this map (spawn rooms, outside/inside areas, buildings, lighting, displacements, ...). And so everything came together a little more polished than dev textures.
    But I guess that doesnt have to be a bad thing :D

6. Don

Don L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    No. But if your map is unbalanced or boring to play in, you would have done all that work for nothing. A map is not only a beauty, it's also a battleground.

7. III_Demon

III_Demon L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings: