Monkey

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Uhh... why would you test it in GMod, exactly? I don't think there's a way to make it launch GMod instead of TF2, if that's what you're asking.

Mystic Monkey

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 24, 2011
Well, I would of worked out the problem of why it was so black much sooner... if I had a flashlight. =P Plus I can plan out how to decorate the station with props (like a board with the teams logo, a bin here, some appropriate light source there etc.)

It also takes ages to run map, I think my computer's past it's prime. ;^^ But still manage to nab a screenshot.

10fcapl.png

Hm... may need to put a ladder or something at the edge since the ledge is too high for me to jump back up. Also light beyond the inaccessable exit, I remember in my dream the station was well lit while the tunnels had just enough to see.

I'll need to check Decals for a line to stand behind, I might do that line last as it can be coloured for Azure Station (BLU's spawn point) and Gaules Station (RED's spawn point). And of course, what is an underground trainstation without graffiti? :)

Epic points to anyone who knows what I named these stations after. =P

Dragonstorm24

L4: Comfortable Member
Nov 16, 2009
you need to scale that more, putting a info_teamspawn entity down or a prop_static player model for reference helps me

Mystic Monkey

Jan 24, 2011
The Team Spawn is just infront of that gate. I put "any" since once the station is done I can copy and paste it for the opposing team...

Now my Steam related programs are being unresponsive... >_< I have to reset the computer so I can play games or use SDK. I forgot to save as well, but luckily I just needed to change the bulb.

nik

L12: Fabulous Member
Aug 14, 2009
when dragon said you need to scale that with a teamspawn, he meant using the actual height/size of the teamspawn model to build your map around it so it doesn't look too massive when you actually play on it.

basically think of the little man as what it will actually look like when you're viewing a player in the map

Mystic Monkey

Jan 24, 2011
Oh! Well I still wanna keep it the current height as while I only been to an underground station a few times, usually the ledges are just under average human size and can be easily overcome if TF2 updates with an ability to climb over small walls. Instead of using Vertex tool or entidy to help those who want to get back up... I just laid some planks of wood down for ramps. :p

While I did had tutorials to help me, I was stuck and didn't know what to do. Joining this forum has really helped me made progress and thanks to you lot, I can now begin to plan the tunnels. :) Thank you.

I tihnk it's best I continue discussion on my map in the Mapping area as I don't wanna be off topic. But I am thankful for the help.

Last edited: