Model Browser Not Working

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Zeroandx, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Zeroandx

Zeroandx L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hey all,
    I've recently started to learn how to use hammer and I think I'm starting to get the hang of it but today my Model Browser stopped working properly.

here's a screenshot of what it looks like

I can still rotate the model and if I click around I can change it too but I cant interact with any of the text entry fields and as you can see no text is visible. I tried verifying the SDK and TF2 caches but to no avail. I was hoping someone here would be able to help?

2. Zeroandx

Zeroandx L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Thank you for all your help but I fixed it myself by re-installing TF2, something I was hesitant to do due to its large size. I'll be sure to come back here if I have any more questions.

3. Hotel Detective

Hotel Detective L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    No problem, any time :thumbup1:

4. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    In the future, you can just verify your cache, which should have the exact same effect as a full reinstall unless Steam is horribly borked.

5. Lampenpam

aa Lampenpam

Positive Ratings:
    Well he appearently did verify his game cache but SDK's cache? Are you using the old Source SDK? If you are making a map for TF2 you should go to team fortress 2/bin/hammer.bat
    There is your hammer