Mercs In Space - Asset Pack

Mercs In Space - Asset Pack 1

MacRipley

L3: Member
Jan 15, 2015
MacRipley submitted a new resource:

Mercs In Space - Asset Pack - Alien Isolation Themed Custom Assets

This asset pack is made to create a map aesthetically similar to Alien Isolation. Originally a little passion project but ended up burning me out because I'm essentially done with Source mapping at this point. If this feels really unfinished, that's because it is, but I hope you like what is here.

This includes a weird little zoo (spacetest2.vmf) I did just to play around with the assets and prefab them. It does have default content in it, but mainly as a guide to work default stuff with...

Read more about this resource...

The_Gl!tch.exe

L3: Member
Apr 3, 2018
Hello there,
I've used that asset pack for a while (it's very good) but I noticed some "bugs" that come with it:

1. The door sounds have different sample rates. Some have a 44100Hz rate, some have a 48000Hz rate.
The source engine does not play any sounds with 48000Hz. It only allows 22050Hz (recommended for file compression) and 44100Hz.
48000Hz sounds only give invalid sample rate errors in the console.
I've tried to reduce the sample rate manually to let them play, but instead I got disk repository errors despite resetting every sound cache.

2. Almost every prop model vmt material doesn't have a proper code. VTFEdit fails to open the vmt files because of errors.
I checked via Notepad and in most cases the final } bracket was missing. Exclamation marks were also missing for some parameters, in most cases only the surface prop ones. Surprisingly the models are fine in tf2 and hammer, but in the console there are EOF errors.