Menu Screens

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by Jazz, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Jazz

Jazz L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    You know how when you start up TF2 and you see an image something like this?
    [​IMG]

I was wondering if there are any BLU team versions of the menu screens, and if there aren't any, why don't we have some yet?

2. l3eeron

l3eeron L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I think your thread is broken...

It seems there should be some kind of image to look at?

3. Pseudo

Pseudo L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Well I don't think that it's possible to replace the menu background with another image. But if you just want a BLU version for a desktop background or something thats doable. The background images are located in "team fortress 2 materials.gcf", \tf\materials\console\.

I extracted the images and edited the colors to make a BLU version. Both the edit and the original are attached. If there is interest I could also make BLU edit of the second menu background, the Spy/Heavy/Pyro/Demo pic thats in the loading screens. The game also provides alternate widescreen versions of these files so I could edit those as well.

4. DJive

aa DJive Cake or Death?

Positive Ratings:
    Pseudo Haxxors!

5. Apex_

Apex_ L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    You can replace the menus like any other material. I've seen tons of replacement menus particularly for the main screen.

6. Pseudo

Positive Ratings:
    Oh, you're right! Well in that case, here's the vtf. Save it in \SteamApps\[username]\team fortress 2\tf\materials\console\background01.vtf .

I'll make a widescreen version and do the loading screens as well, then upload them to the forum.

7. Pseudo

Positive Ratings:
    Here is the menu background changed to blu, background02.vtf. Save it in \SteamApps\[username]\team fortress 2\tf\materials\console\.

This is what it will look like in-game:
    [​IMG]