1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

Mass selecting func_details?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by CakesOnAPlane, Oct 8, 2008.

1. CakesOnAPlane

CakesOnAPlane L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    This may be a dumb question but I'm doing some optimising and realised that it would be helpful if I could just select all func_details and put them into a visgroup with displacements so that I can see if I've missed stuff, or to see how the visibility blocking would work. Not sure is it's possible but if it is then that would be helpful. So does anyone know if you can?

Thanks.

2. DJive

aa DJive Cake or Death?

Positive Ratings:
    AFAIK you cant combine the two *disp and func_detail*

however in your visgroup window you can just de-click those 2 and it will remove them from your view.

3. CakesOnAPlane

Positive Ratings:
    Sorry I may have confused things with the displacements. Basically I want to put all func_details into a visgroup, but I don't want to have to go and manually select them all. Is there a way to select all func_details without doing it individually.

Thanks for the quick reply :)

4. FaTony

FaTony Banned

Positive Ratings:
    Go to visgroups, select Detail Brushes, press Mark.

5. Zeewier

Zeewier L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    As Fatony said: All func_Details are already in an visgroup (just click the box in the visgroups tab to hide/show)

Another way (works for any type of entity)

edit -> Entity Report -> Select by class (func_detail or any other entity) -> Select first one in the list -> Hold Shift -> Select last one in the list.

And you got them all selected ;) (and can easily be assigned to a visgroup)

6. CakesOnAPlane

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks guys, this has helped me loads. I had a feeling it might end up being simple :)

7. MangyCarface

aa MangyCarface Mapper

Positive Ratings:
    Or go into visgroups, unclick All, click Displacements and Func_details, select all, add to visgroup