Map won't compile: WARNING: BSP node with unbounded volume

fisman

L1: Registered
Aug 16, 2022
Made a simple 4team arena map (second time ever creating a real map) for Team Fortress 2 Classic in the default hammer provided with Multiplayer Source SDK 2013, but...

My map won't compile no matter what. I have no Idea how to fix this issue, so I am leaving my .vmf and logs here in hopes of someone godlike to fix this fucking shit. Don't know if this'll open in the live TF2 hammer.

What I tried:
Go to Coords of the fucked up brushes. Didn't work, all are somewhere in the void and appear to not even exist whenever you go to them.

Replace some geometry (The ground) on which I used displacements. Didn't work.

Copy and paste the map to a new, completely empty file (via New in Hammer). DIdn't work, all the same errors. Seems like the broken brushes are engraved into the map now.

I have no idea what to do. It seems like my map is cursed. Nothing I try works. If I'll have to completely scrap or remake the map, that will surely suck, but there'll still be a bright side. I'll never touch Hammer again in my entire life.

Last edited:

fisman

L1: Registered
Aug 16, 2022
Well, the problem fixed itself. Restarted hammer and now everything works perfectly fucking fine. I wish everyone at Valve a long and happy life. Can I/mods delete or lock the thread somehow? This is so stupid.