Map Intro Video Troubleshooting

PrivateerMan

L1: Registered
Apr 17, 2018
I want to work on making introduction videos for custom maps (the Watch Movie button when viewing the map's objectives when you connect to it), but I noticed the file format for said introduction videos is Bink Video, or .bik.

However, while RAD Game Tools has a download for their Bink converter, it seems to be very picky over what kind of file it accepts for conversion.

As a test for the format, I used Source Filmmaker to export a quick 10-second video, and try to convert it. Since SFM's video format is infamously unstable (AVI export being downright broken), I export an image sequence which I then put together in a video editing program (in this case, Blender).

The weird thing is, the Bink converter cannot seem to read Blender's exported files, even AVI, which it should be able to work with. Even weirder, it accepted the .wav sound file of the video exported by SFM, but rejects other .wav files.

So my question is this: Is there a specific codec or other thing about a video or audio file that RAD Video Tools accepts (and if so, is there any program that can bring in the accepted file format), or another way to convert to a .bik format?