Looking to test comp 6v6 and Highlander maps

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by kankle_king, May 30, 2009.

1. kankle_king

kankle_king L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I run the pick-ups over at teamfortress2fort.com and we're always looking for that next great comp map! We play an average of about 3 PUGs a day, so we got the people and the time, and best of all the exp. (we were the 1st PUGs to play resonance, yukon, and follower)

What we are looking for:
    6v6 comp style 5CP maps ex. Granary, Well etc

6v6 Gravelpit A/D Style (all we have is gpit)

SINGLE STAGE PAYLOAD MAPS! Every night we play 9v9 or 10v10 Highlanders (1 of each class) on a payload map. Right now our rotation is pretty limited (badwater, halfacre, stovepipe, cashworks, swiftwater etc) so hopefully this motivates some mapmakers to finish those pl maps!

What you get:
    6v6 playtest with a STV and/or can hang in Vent with us
    9v9/10v10 Highlander pl_map testing with above

PM me or add on steam: b_myne

Let me repeat, we will test 6v6 comp style maps, and single stage payload maps for Highlanders. Some argue 32 or 24 is a better way to test a map, I'll leave that for you to decide, but if you want a tight group that has tons of maptesting exp, hit us up.

2. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
  3. kankle_king

Positive Ratings:
    Yes, I would do a flythrough first to see if there was any obvious imbalances or something of that nature but yes we do take alphas.

4. Mar

Mar Banned

Positive Ratings:
    These guys are pro. Like super pro. Pro like Chro. A test with them is a great thing.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. An Icy Mouse

aa An Icy Mouse

Positive Ratings:
    ooh ooh do cp_furnace, I'm sure Nineaxis and youme will only be all too greatful if you do

6. Fireman

Fireman L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I used to spend almost all of my time hanging around the TF2F servers and forums, and I've got to attest to the quality of the players over there. If you want your maps to be tested by some of the most skilled players out there, pubbies or comp, you definitely couldn't do much better than the TF2F.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. MangyCarface

aa MangyCarface Mapper

Positive Ratings:
    I built icefield to be a 6v6 capable ctf map. It has football-esque mechanics instead of the normal boring variant. I may be interested in having you guys test it if you're willing to try something different.

8. kankle_king

Positive Ratings:
    HELL YEAH. btw all I have to say is, "Mangy has a new map!" and people already wanna play it :p

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. kankle_king

Positive Ratings:
    We did and the spawn seemed much too long. Also there was too many small exits when you attack C. It was very easy to have the whole defense stand on C and just spam all the tiny/chokey/spammy exits. Overall everyone liked it besides those issues. If they were fixed it easily beats G-pit, but we're waiting for b3

10. Ravidge

aa Ravidge Grand Vizier

Positive Ratings:
    Have you guys tried cp_silvertrail? It's a gp-styled map with alpine theme. I had it played by another PUG group and they seemed to like it. You can find a link to the thread in my sig.

11. kankle_king

Positive Ratings:
    I remember trying it when it was b1, try to give it another go the next couple days, the detail looks great :)

12. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Will you guys be able to test all the new plr and push ctf maps because it is looking like regular gameday is not going to be enough.

13. Waif

Waif L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I would be amazed for you guys to have a quick run through on my map, pl_nuclear_a3 (soon to be updated).
    However it is only very early alpha and thus hasn't had much testing as of yet so ic an easily understand if its not applicable.

14. kankle_king

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah sure, steam me when you have your latest version.

15. Hellfire

Hellfire L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    well..i got 2-stage 4-cp map. is that possible to test? its in pretty late development stage,fully detailed. we now just fine-tuning some things.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
  16. Pianodan

Pianodan L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
  17. kankle_king

Positive Ratings:
  18. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    I'd love to get cp_mudbath tested in competitive 6v6. It's a regular push/linear CP map.

However, some warnings:
    - It's alpha with dev textures.
    - It was NOT built with competitive play in mind. What I'd want to get out of this test is any tips from your pros on how it would be more fun for them

So, it's up to you whether it's too early.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
  19. kankle_king

Positive Ratings:
    That looks interesting muffin. The mid point looks rly exciting. I'll do a flythrogh today

20. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    Great, thank you. :)