Login to download?

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by M4j1kN1nj4, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M4j1kN1nj4

M4j1kN1nj4 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Why do people have to have a user to download from the download section?

I would like to suggest having the download available to guests so this way people who aren't interested in discussing maps/mapping could download, such as server admins...

2. DJive

aa DJive Cake or Death?

Positive Ratings:
    It was that way at a point however, having it so does not promote community.

Also hosting files of that size and so many is a large hit on bandwidth, Sign ups are only fair =)

3. M4j1kN1nj4

M4j1kN1nj4 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    My maps are never under the file size limit. If bandwidth is really the concern why not have all off site downloads? Also... Mappers want exposure for their maps having a guest download would only be logical. Community I understand thats why you register to post on the forums...

But if thats how it is. I don't plan on using this site then for sharing my maps... I want people to download them...

4. trainRiderJ

trainRiderJ L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Well if you want maximum exposure anyways, you should be uploading to a bunch of other sites. Since this community is for mappers to discuss map-making, rather than to be a repository of every map ever (ala fpsbanana), I don't what the big deal is.

Exposure for your map - upload everywhere
    Tips and constructive criticism related to your map - post a WIP thread here

5. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    dot

thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.