Lights Pack - 20 new light models

LIGHTS and LAMPS 2015-08-30

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
It is official: I am boycotting these light models. They will clearly divide up the TF2maps.net community into various subsections waging war amongst each other because of which lights are the best.

Also its taking way too long and I wanna use these lights! D:

I'm joining this boycott! fly me to your house so i can see the source files and have my worries disspelled!

In other news: I like the white skin for the latest (half-domed) set but the other skins lack a 'metallic' feel to them.

SiniStarR

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Mar 31, 2009
It is official: I am boycotting these light models. They will clearly divide up the TF2maps.net community into various subsections waging war amongst each other because of which lights are the best.

Also its taking way too long and I wanna use these lights! D:
They'll be done when their done stop being unappreciative. He is doing this on his own time you know...

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
hm, yeh the lack of the metallic feel for it, was there from the beginning, imo. which is because i based my textures on the tf2-groundlight, which has very little detail or material definition, imo. so from that on i build up pretty much all of my lights so far. and with every new light i changed some tiny bitsy things but i think the overall look won't change too much in the end, i'm sry :/

SiniStarR, i think he was just goofing around a bit :)

SiniStarR

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Mar 31, 2009
SiniStarR, i think he was just goofing around a bit :)[/QUOTE]

nay it was serious buisness :blushing:

Blue552

L3: Member
Sep 16, 2009
I'd have use for all of them but I'd say 3 and 4 are my favourites [Really need red/green lights] 26 would be cool vertically.

17, 24, 25 are very nice and unique. Again, I'd use all of them though [capped atm]

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
hey guys, thanks for all your recent feedback. been having less time, because of gf complaining ;)

lights_ingame10.jpg

and another one - complaining gf took a nap :D

lights_ingame11.jpg

Last edited:

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
a bit overdone with the edgy texturing (looks like camouflage :D), going to revisit this next weekend :)

lights_ingame12.jpg

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
For that last set of "capped" lights, there may be some interesting things folks can do using small blocklight brushes to emulate the "shape" of the light that comes out.

Tapp

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 26, 2009
Would it be possible to make the collision hulls just the solid sections? That way light would shine straight through the glass bits, and create these great effects.

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
The only problem is that then you'd need to position your lights really precisely inside a "hollowed" model... I don't suppose there's a way to make a blocklight brush that only blocks light from a given source? (If even possible it might make you *name* the light, which is definitely going down a certain path with good intentions.)

Tapp

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 26, 2009
Wait, couldn't you just have 2 seperate textures referenced, one being the outer section and the other being the glass texture, with the same properties as light001?

Laggy

L2: Junior Member
May 28, 2009
Let me download them now! they all look great, I think you just have to use them in context.