koth_towerofbabel

KotH koth_towerofbabel B5

DragoDuck

L1: Registered
Jan 20, 2023
DragoDuck submitted a new resource:

koth_towerofbable - E2M8: The Tower of Babel (from The Ultimate Doom) but in TF2!

In the middle of nowhere, underneath the soil, lied a secret base from companies RED and BLU, this base hasnt seen much activity recently, it was almost abandoned.
One day, a hellish tower started rising from below the base, taking it all the way to the skies.
This hellish tower corrupted and changed the base and the nearby area to hell's abstract image, both RED and BLU want to take control of the tower, and have sent the mercenaries to duke it out for it.

This is my first (Completed and...

Read more about this resource...

DragoDuck

Jan 20, 2023
DragoDuck updated koth_towerofbable with a new update entry:

B1 because V1 really slowed down everyones computer down to a holt

Holy ravioli i didnt optimize V1 at all, like really at all, dont play V1 in multiplayer, it will go really badly.
It went from Version 1 to Beta 1, yeah i know its strange but a lotta changes will be temporary, and im still not done optimizing the map (I hope)
Main changes:
  • 3d Skybox was removed (Temporarily)
  • Music has been removed (Temporarily)
  • Added Area portals on spawn
  • Added hints
  • Most props have a set render distance
  • The Fog is more dense
Hopefully this...

Read the rest of this update entry...

DragoDuck

Jan 20, 2023
DragoDuck updated koth_towerofbabel with a new update entry:

Beta 3

-Re-added the music
-Added a 3D skybox
-Lowered the resolution on some unreasonably high-res textures
-Clipped the coffin props to avoid players getting stuck
-Patched triangular-shaped holes on the main building
-Added more overlays/decals
-Updated the credits
-Added a sign on each spawn that tells the player vey clearly that yes, its a map from DOOM
-Made the fog less dense

DragoDuck

Jan 20, 2023
DragoDuck updated koth_towerofbabel with a new update entry:

B4

Changed a lotta things, mostly on the optimization side, now the map weights a LOT less, and should play ever so slightly a bit smoother (and should not crash a server, again)
Some remarkable changes:
  • Completely removed the music from the map, wich was the reason that crashed the server (Updated the credits accordingly)
  • You can no longer jump out of the playing from the sides of the map, its now sealed byt skybox (You can now only drop to your death from spawn) this is the...