koth_launchpad

KotH koth_launchpad a3

Goodnight Girl

L1: Registered
Jul 22, 2016
koth_launchpad - Putting those asteroid assets to good use with a mixed-gravity koth map!

Hi, I'm mostly uploading this to show progress. Red team is the only team that works without cheats at the moment, as you'll see below.

Known bugs:

1. Blu spawnroom and spawnroomvisualiser doesn't work for Blu, so Blu can't even leave their spawnroom because of this. The naming conventions seem to work out but I'm gonna try redoing the logic from scratch.

2. Infinite surfing spots on the sides of the buliding

Things I already wanna change gameplay-wise

1. The point itself needs to be a bigger room so the point can still have cover but not feel claustrophobic

2. Hiding on top of the entrance to the point already looks like a meat grinder waiting to happen

3. Raising the skybox so jump classes can go higher even though it kinda doesn't do much

Any other comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! <3

ϺΞΤЯΘΉλϺ

L3: Member
May 8, 2017
This actually looks intresting :0 haven't downloaded it yet but the pic does make it look intresting :0. Hope you do well with this map and/ or others heh

Goodnight Girl

Jul 22, 2016
I would love to try this out, but my computer just can't load maps unless it's an actual server
Like if it were hosted on a testing server? That's sort of my plan anyways once I get everything functional, as I see TF2 maps has their own playtesting servers/sessions. :3

Goodnight Girl

Jul 22, 2016
-blu spawnroom now functions normally
-made the skybox taller for jump classes

-widened mid, added a skylight
-minimizes cover by the point
-added cover to the elevators
-added more cover downstairs

-added outcropping by the computer window on both sides, all classes can jump back to spawn now

Read the rest of this update entry...