KOTH_HillOfTheKing_A3

KotH KOTH_HillOfTheKing_A3 2023-12-14

Average Tiddy Goth GF

L1: Registered
Nov 5, 2019
Hi

First things first; I like the general layout of this small KotH map, it very much carries the feeling of a small HL;2 Deathmatch or Quake Arena map in itself.

But, unfortunately in it's current state? This is kind of a rough one;

1; This map is severely lacking in invisible walls that keep players in the designated map area, as well as disallowing certain classes from getting too much a high ground. (Areas that are too high/shouldn't be accessible marked below.)
1.JPG

1.1; The invisible walls that are there are not nearly high enough, i was very easily able to get on top of them with 1-2 sticky bombs or a good ctap/sync rocket jump, which then allowed me to escape the confines of the map and get up to some major tomfoolers (see Addendum 1.1.a, Addendum 1.1.b & Addendum 1.1.c).
2.JPG

Addendum 1.1.a; (Open windows on either side of the spawn are very easily able to be spammed into once the map is escaped.)
3.JPG

Addendum 1.1.b; (Escaped players are able to crouch-walk underneath the map and are immume to any retaliation from this position.)
4.JPG

Addendum 1.1.c; (From the situation described in [Addendum 1.1.b] players are able to trap any area below the terrain they please {These are NOT visible from above as well as the fact that they DO NOT damage the players beneath terrain even if they stand right inside their stickyboms. They DO however harm players above the terrain without fail}.)
5.JPG

All in all; I like the overall feel of the intended play area, but this one needs quite a bit of work/fixing still. I do however want to see you fix this map up and continue to make more maps!

JayCatnip

Jul 18, 2023
Shit, I can't believe I let an oversight this bad slip by. Thanks for bringing this to my attention! I'll update the map with more player clip brushes and make them MUCH taller.

JayCatnip

Jul 18, 2023