koth map sizes

SlayerBlitz

L3: Member
Dec 3, 2009
I know this is a kind of noobish question but what would you say is the normal size for a koth map? I am working right now on a map called koth_chasm but it just seems like I am making it way to big but for I have no clue if it would still play well even if it was larger.

I loved viaduct but many people thought it didn't have enough alternative pathways and that it was just a huge spam fest. I wanted my map to be the opposite. from the bases there are 4 different ways to reach the point and each team has a small 3 roomed base but all of this makes it a fairly large map. I am kind of rambling on here but do you think a koth map would still work if it was fairly large?

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
it depends on what you mean by large? large side areas, or large pathways to the point? if it takes you a long time to get to the point, it will get tiring fast as you tend to die a lot in koth.

SlayerBlitz

L3: Member
Dec 3, 2009
well see the reason I think most people die a lot in koth is because they are about the size of arena maps. To answer your question though I guess large side areas. If you wanted to go directly to the point it wouldnt take long at all but the side areas are essentially like small bases.