1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

Koth cp question

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by BagOfChips, Feb 10, 2009.

1. BagOfChips

BagOfChips L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Is it possible to require a team to hold a point for a certain amount of time to win?>

2. Zeewier

Zeewier L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    that's possible:

Not sure, but it will be something like this:
    OnCappedTeamX -> Enable timer -> Timer Done: Team wins!

You will also need to reset the timer (probably add max time to the timer, and add the same max time limit)

But I would go for a Koth style that gives points for every X seconds you control it, and at a certain amount that team wins, and with a time limit that will declare the team with most points winner.

I've got a template for that somewhere.

3. GrimGriz

GrimGriz L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    absolutely, can you be more specific as to what you're looking for?

If you're wanting the point to reset if they get knocked off of the point, I've done that by changing the time required to cap dynamically via addoutput. Basically, on endtouchall of blufiltered trigger capture area, I'd set the time to cap to 1 sec, so it immediately reverted to completely uncapped.

If blu fell off the cap, they had to start completely over.

4. BagOfChips

BagOfChips L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'll edit this post when I'm home n a few hours, hard to type on these tiny mac laptops. I'll edit it with more specifics.

5. Owlruler

Owlruler L12: Fabulous Member

Positive Ratings: