Model JoshuaC's Items

Feb 14, 2008
Yeah, my one is currently massively underscaled, in the wrong rotation on 2 axes, and in the middle of his head. Not that it matters, because Valve should do that bit for me :).

JoshuaC

L420: High Member
Sep 2, 2008
aviatorshelm_final.jpg

Firest0rm

L4: Comfortable Member
Sep 27, 2009
maybe you should make a tin-foil wizards hat next
it would look epic on the pyro
like this but tin-foil

Last edited:

The Gentlemanne

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 18, 2009
Awesome dude!

can you write a tutorial?

JoshuaC

Sep 2, 2008
With today's update I thought I'd take the time to finish the aviators helm. Thanks to a different exporter I can now add jigglebones to my models.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVKjP7OlUMk"]YouTube- Jiggle Bones[/ame]

And before anyone asks, I'm not going to jigglebone the poppy as I've already sent it in.

JoshuaC

Sep 2, 2008
Not really an item, but it's something I'd like to pursue for future applications.

Crater_02.png

I created a fluid simulation of a sphere impacting a body of "water". Baked it out into an animation and found the frame I liked. I then converted the body of fluid into a mesh and then cleaned up all the unneeded polygons. I then unwrapped it and then baked AO.

I can now paint it up using textures for use in anything I need it.

Here's what it looked like before cleanup.

Crater.png

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
I haven't got even the faintest idea of how you plan to find a useful implementation for the neat shit you do blenderboy.

Last edited:

JoshuaC

Sep 2, 2008
Out of curiosity I wanted to see just how viable the export to dxf function was for exporting and then converting brushwork to models.

Wood_Walkway_01.png

Egypt_Blocks_01.png

It works quite well and you can make some rather decent models. I'm looking for more things to convert if anyone wants anything converted to a model.