Is it possible to change ownership of a control point through non-conventional means?

Brocky_system

L1: Registered
Mar 16, 2024
I'm trying to make a map for April-fools next year that would use this as a gimmick to reset the KOTH point multiple times. Is this is even possible with map logic or vscript?

Solution
You can send the control point entity a SetOwner command, with 0 being neutral, 2 being Red, and 3 being Blue. Don't know if setting it as neutral via this method would pause the clock, though
Yeah, it doesn't stop the clock. But at least it kind of works for testing purposes. I can probably figure something out later.

Edit: I just did some googling, all you need to do is send outputs to pause and set the time to two entities created by tf_logic_koth at compile known as 'zz_red_koth_timer' and 'zz_blue_koth_timer'. Weird, but it does the job perfectly.

asylum

L3: Member
Mar 3, 2024
You can send the control point entity a SetOwner command, with 0 being neutral, 2 being Red, and 3 being Blue. Don't know if setting it as neutral via this method would pause the clock, though

Brocky_system

L1: Registered
Mar 16, 2024
Yeah, it doesn't stop the clock. But at least it kind of works for testing purposes. I can probably figure something out later.

Edit: I just did some googling, all you need to do is send outputs to pause and set the time to two entities created by tf_logic_koth at compile known as 'zz_red_koth_timer' and 'zz_blue_koth_timer'. Weird, but it does the job perfectly.

Last edited:
Solution