[INFO] CTF Gametypes

Brandished

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 19, 2008
All this time and I never knew about the other flag game types option until seeing this thread. Well, I've been experimenting with the other types and it seems Valve has made some changes to the "item_teamflag" entity sometime recently as all the game modes now have working return timers. The Invade mode's timer animation is broken, but the flag still returns to it's starting point after the set return time has expired. Another Valve ninja fix.

I've copied the info in this thread as well as stuff I've found on my own to a page on the VDC WiKi, here. I'll prolly be updating it some more over the weekend if I can find the time.

Brandished

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 19, 2008
"Team Fortress 2 Update Released (7/1/2008)
Removed the remaining speed adjustments for carrying intelligence (a couple of game modes still reduced your maxspeed)"

Most interesting part of the last update to me. Could this be Valve slowly adding to these game types, is it a programmers mistake, or is it as ChronoTriggerFan suggested and they're just slowly removing them?

TotalMark

L6: Sharp Member
Feb 13, 2008
"Team Fortress 2 Update Released (7/1/2008)
Removed the remaining speed adjustments for carrying intelligence (a couple of game modes still reduced your maxspeed)"

Most interesting part of the last update to me. Could this be Valve slowly adding to these game types, is it a programmers mistake, or is it as ChronoTriggerFan suggested and they're just slowly removing them?

If I was to hazard a guess, this solution means they're planning to keep them, but they don't want speed penalties.

Seems like it would be a cinch to simply remove them.