Incoming!!! Pyro stuff Thursday and Sniper vid tomorrow

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
the pyro changes are just too epic, I can finally get revenge on all the soldiers and their constant crit rockets ;)
Played for 5 and a half hours and got the backburner without actively working for achievements, I really like how the pyro achievements as a whole just make much more sense then then the medic ones.

teddyruxpin

Sr. Hygiene Technician
Mar 24, 2008
I got 93/94 and the only one left is 600K dmg as Pryo. The rest where very fun to game up and work with others to get. I got a Achv server setup geared towards the pyro is anyone needs help ping me and I will give you the IP and password. I have found it very easy to get these all done with ctf_mach4 and cp_wolf. (cap point, intel and water) and a good 0 second respawn to rack up the kills you can camp a door and get about 1kp/s

-Teddy

dookiebot

L1: Registered
Mar 20, 2008
Overall I love the pyro pack, but I do not enjoy playing him because of all the pyros. As a matter of fact, the amount of pyros has got me back to mapping for now.

arbalet42

Mar 26, 2008
The next character to be granted with achievements and weapons is likely to be the Spy. Here seems to be a draft of his web-page: http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/9978/spypage2vm6.jpg The three new weapons are Silenced PPK, Magnetic sapper and Garrote. The new community map, according to this screenshot, will be Cp_Redstone.
Not sure whether this is close to real or a very well photoshoped work... What do you think?

arbalet42

Mar 26, 2008
Rumour has it, the next character to get upgraded weapons will be Heavy. The news has been published on several game-related portals where it's been called as official statement of the Valve company. As an evidence of this they've provided a screenshot of a likely gamefan e-mail correspondence with Gabe Newell: http://www.csnation.net/image.php?id=44032 . Also, the Russian localization files got updated yesterday, and two classes - Heavy and Sniper - got additional voice files closely-related to achievements: heavy_award**.wav, sniper_award**.wav, as well as heavy_specialweapon00-09 and sniper_specialweapons00-09. Among the new sentences are "Fear my new gun!" (Heavy) and "Just look at this beautiful weapon" (Sniper).