Icy Flats

PLR Icy Flats rc3

Sympuppy

L1: Registered
Mar 4, 2018
Sympuppy updated Icy Flats with a new update entry:

B2 - Spawncamping & Snow

So, I've been working pretty hard to get this ready for Smissmas, and while I've made a lot of progress, there's still a lot of fine tuning to do detail-wise. Still, I need to test the slight layout changes asap, so here's the changes in this version:

Gameplay
  • Adjusted spawn courtyards to reduce spawncamping
  • Changed the connector from lobby to tunnels into a dropdown
    • This should dissuade players from going straight to the enemy spawn through the tunnels

Read the rest of this update entry...

Sympuppy

Mar 4, 2018

B3 - Lovely Lighting

I'm believe I'm getting very close to completion, and I'll probably make the rc1 and put it on the workshop later today. My biggest concern is that the b2 crashed the server, but I've never experienced this personally so I have no clue why it would crash. Just gonna hope for the best. School is also starting to get very busy, so I might have to step back for a bit.

Detailing
  • Replaced almost all lights with spot lights for a more dramatic effect
  • Added light glow effects...

Sympuppy

Mar 4, 2018

RC2 - Release!

By this point I'm excited to say that the map is 99.9% done! I know there are a few prop fades I need to adjust, and I can always improve optimization, but I'm going to take a step back for now so I can focus on school. If you're curious what happened to the rc1, well, it was kinda rushed. It was pretty much the same as b3 but with cubemaps and hdr. One important thing was my realization that I needed to follow copyright laws with some of the custom assets I was using. For that reason, I...

Sympuppy

Mar 4, 2018

RC3 - Fenced In

Starting to feel more and more proud with each update. This time I did some thinking about how the layout could be improved. There were three main complaints about it in the previous versions, however each complaint was difficult to address as these were intentional design choices that I felt were important to keep in the map.
1) The sniper sightline from the guard tower courtyard corners to the roofs is too strong.
  • I feel that this sightline is mostly justified by the fact that it...