I WAS really excited to start mapping...

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by andrewJH, Oct 4, 2017.

1. andrewJH

andrewJH L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    As the title says i was really excited, but there has been so many problems i think it would take forever to finally even be able to launch it again. I rather just play tf2 instead of taking a few hours to figure this stuff out. That may be pretty lazy sounding but whatever...

P.S. Thank you for all the people that helped me in my first thread, its nice that people care enough to help.

2. andrewJH

Positive Ratings:
    Just realized I posted this in the wrong forum. Oops

3. andrewJH

Positive Ratings:
    this is pointless now because i found out what to do and it took 1 minuet... im stupid.

4. pennsyrail

pennsyrail L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hmmm, I wouldn't say you are stupid, but maybe not spelling minute correctly is...

Staff edit: User was warned for this post. --Berry

• Respectfully Disagree Respectfully Disagree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2017
  5. andrewJH

Positive Ratings:
    yeah... i realized that after i posted

6. Bunker Junker

Bunker Junker L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    It just takes time and effort to be a map maker, I recommend watching Crash's videos on TF2 map making, as he does a good job teaching how it all works. I do also recommend 3kliksphilip, as he gives some good tips then and there.

But hey I'm not forcing you to stay. :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. TheLoafLord

TheLoafLord L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    You don't have to map, but just remember as Winston Churchill said, "Never never ever give up!".

It certainly is hard to get into the flow of mapping, so I don't blame you. Just keep trying and you will find your flow and style.

Hope I help. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Tango

Tango L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Try publishing your first map on TFmaps, It's really fun to playtest your own map and others too. But hey whatever floats your boat. You're always welcome come back.