I have 26 hours...

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by The Political Gamer, Jul 28, 2009.

1. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    As some of you may know I am leaving for Europe in 26 hours and I HAVE TO GET A1 DONE!!!!

Ok this is the problem... On the 2nd stage of my plr map each team has 2 points they can capture. The first one is the main normal one. The second is one you can only get to by capturing a CP point. Now I have everything setup with the path_tracks, teleports and Alternate Paths. Only one problem, the CP point or the alt plr point's holograms will not show up and everytime I touch the point the game crashes.

Please try to give as specific instructions as possible because I really need help on this and I need to get this done before Europe!

Also any help will be thanked greatly!

2. Bockagon

Bockagon L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    The only thing I can think of would be to double check the inputs and outputs on all your entities. I did some experimenting with creating a new PL style and got similar glitches where I would stand to try and cap the cart and the game would freeze up and crash. Turns out that through my experimenting I had ended up creating outputs that were trying to target things that didn't exist, thereby making the game freeze while it tried to find the missing entity. When I deleted those outputs it worked again. Idk if this helps or not but it's the best I've got. Good luck.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. SiniStarR

SiniStarR L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    why are there so many views??? did like people think you were gonna commit suiside?

4. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    I was wondering the same thing... But I still need help :(

5. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
  6. alecom

alecom L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    You're mixing CP + payload? D:
    Does standing on the cp move the payload?

Anyway I have had CPs crash my game when I touch them, though it was a LONG time ago. It was a for a multiple stage CP map, and if I touched a CP that was for a different round (or if I touched any during setup time aswell I think?) then it crashed. I can't remember what I did, because I fixed the problem and saved over... but I'm pretty sure it was having points not controlled by the control point master...

7. Psy

aa Psy The Imp Queen

Positive Ratings:
    I'm thinking that your 2nd CPs don't have unique indexes.

8. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Problem fixed! Thanks ABS! I f'ed up on the indexes. :p