I am out of solutions and I need help

asylum

L3: Member
Mar 3, 2024
So there I was, making my dumb TF2C map and vibin, when suddenly all my compiled did that "everything is black" shit. You know, where all the textures are black as pitch but all the lights on the models are still on. All I did between the last good compile and the first "I SAID WE'RE DARK NOW" build was just add a few new doors. I've tried everything to troubleshoot. I tried deleting all the brush entities, all the point entites (aside from light related), copypasta-ing into a new map file, deleting complex brushes, rebuilding the skybox, nothing. Nothing works. I give up.

Here's the vmf. If anyone can get it working, you'll have my eternal gratitude.

Attachments

• pipeball_classic_quad_a1.vmf
    3.6 MB · Views: 17
Solution
So there I was, making my dumb TF2C map and vibin, when suddenly all my compiled did that "everything is black" shit. You know, where all the textures are black as pitch but all the lights on the models are still on. All I did between the last good compile and the first "I SAID WE'RE DARK NOW" build was just add a few new doors. I've tried everything to troubleshoot. I tried deleting all the brush entities, all the point entites (aside from light related), copypasta-ing into a new map file, deleting complex brushes, rebuilding the skybox, nothing. Nothing works. I give up.

i turned the pipes into func_detail and it works for me
Dec 4, 2021

i turned the pipes into func_detail and it works for me

Solution