humble base

KotH humble base a13

Truckojr

L3: Member
Feb 23, 2019
Those two door's are pretty cool looking and different from your typical doors..
I just wanted to say that..

morzsiHUN

L1: Registered
Jan 8, 2018
  • The one way doors near the point have been moved back, and given a small no build zone
  • Behind the spawn the back ally has been removed
  • The spawn ramp got repositioned
  • Increased the size of the capture zone
  • Marked the capture zone edges
  • Made a cover to the upper route

Read the rest of this update entry...

morzsiHUN

Jan 8, 2018
After reading that many people find the map too small and cramped, I decided to listen and make a major redesign. I write down changes what i can remember and think worth mention. Thank for everyone who played this map.

Changes:
  • Lowered the spawn and the general terrain
  • Made more space for fights around point
  • Temporarily remove the side tunnels
  • Made a glass roof shack around the point, with no build on it's roof
  • Added new ammo and health packs
  • Added HDR anti-blindness device ( https://tf2maps.net/threads/anti-hdr-blindness-device.40123 )
  • From the back building the roof was removed and the health and ammo pack was rotated to make the map more symmetrical
  • Changed some textures
  • The tall building got redesigned covers

Read the rest of this update entry...

ahazz

Jul 24, 2020
This map has good scaling and does is well laid out, implementing height variation well. I'll point out the issues I found with it from the perspective of a blue player.

I believe that the 2 doors immediately in front of spawn and to the right can be combined into a single larger doorway. Also immediately outside of the spawn room is a lot of empty space. You could probably use this for something, if you have anything in mind. Continuing on, after the ramp up to the left side is another set of 2 doorways that can be combined into 1.

The exits to point for the left side hallway feel a bit narrow, adding some room would be nice, though you should consider how that impacts sightlines.

My biggest issue I have is how the roofs on mid aren't clipped off, and how close they are to each other. Soldiers would find it very easy to sit up there and constantly spew down rockets, which I'm assuming is why there aren't very many ammo pickups around. Clipping the 2 side roofs off and having the point's roof a bit more flat to prevent soldiers from poking in and out of cover could solve this issue. I'm assuming that because there was nobuild in an earlier patch Engies were an issue as well.

Ammo and Health placement seems sparse around the mid point, adding some medium health and ammo packs would add length to fights over the point.

There's also a weird draw bug moving towards the hut with the medium health and ammo pack on the right side.

Overall I believe you have a very solid map so far that can be built up into something really fun.