How to retrieve/export a decompiled .vmf to .bsp

Orange Juice

L1: Registered
Jun 6, 2019
I am currently using a MacBook Pro, which doesn't come with Windows, meaning I can't run Hammer normally. I tried using Bootcamp to set up Windows 10, but for some inexplicable reason, 80 GB of storage is not enough. Nevertheless, I decided to just use a virtual machine. I am able to run Windows 10 on my virtual machine, albeit super slowly. Hammer is incredibly laggy and it runs at like, 15 frames per second. Regardless, I don't spend much time map making anyways; in fact, I kinda picked it up a day or two ago.

Anyways, I am about finished with the first iteration of my map. If anything, it's more of an attempt at a new game mode. Almost everything, functionally, works. However, for play testing purposes, I would like to be able to play test it on my Mac, not the virtual machine. Team Fortress 2 runs at 60 fps on my Mac. On my virtual machine, it runs at less than 10. So far, I have just been compiling and running the map in Hammer, and then letting it open up tf2 for me, and then painfully waiting for it to load.

As far as I know, the decompiled map is a .vmf file, and it is converted to a .bsp for tf2 to play it. I need this .bsp file, and I would like to save it to the desktop on my virtual machine, and then email it to myself, so I can download it on my Mac and play it on my faster version of tf2. I have done like, half an hour of research online and haven't found anything related. Does anyone know how I can share a .bsp file? If there is another way, like uploading it to the steam workshop, I'd be glad to do that, however I tried that too, but it requests a .bsp file, and I don't really know where to find it. Is it in the tf2 files on my virtual machine?

If anyone could give me a couple pointers, that'd be great. Thanks in advance. :)

Orange Juice

L1: Registered
Jun 6, 2019
Wait, I think I found it... I'll edit this post in a second if I'm right. Sorry about this :/

EDIT:

Yup, I found it. If I could delete a thread, I would, but I don't know how to, if it's even possible. Well, at least I figured it out.

Last edited: