How do I mount custom assets

iballll

L1: Registered
Feb 15, 2024
I want to mount all the assets from the valve made sfm asset pack how do I mount them to the game

Seacat08

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 7, 2022
To mount custom assets you can place them in this directory:
Steam > steamapps > common > Team Fortress 2 > tf> custom > my_custom_stuff
1712709533563.png

(The last folder can be named anything but I named mine "my_custom_stuff")
I recommend you name your folder dependent on who created the assets or the asset pack

iballll

Feb 15, 2024
To mount custom assets you can place them in this directory:
Steam > steamapps > common > Team Fortress 2 > tf> custom > my_custom_stuff
1712709533563.png

(The last folder can be named anything but I named mine "my_custom_stuff")
I recommend you name your folder dependent on who created the assets or the asset pack
I tried this and it didn’t work

Seacat08

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 7, 2022
What's the folder structure like I meant? Did you just paste in the materials and models folders or did you just paste in the folder the files extracted to?

mentholatedghost

Mar 25, 2024
Your file structure should look like tf/custom/my_custom_assets/ and inside of that folder should contain those assets (folders named materials, models, etc.)
If your file structure looks like tf/custom/my_custom_assets/my_assets/ where the actual assets are stored it will not work. You cannot have any extra folders in-between the custom assets folder and the assets.

iballll

Feb 15, 2024
Your file structure should look like tf/custom/my_custom_assets/ and inside of that folder should contain those assets (folders named materials, models, etc.)
If your file structure looks like tf/custom/my_custom_assets/my_assets/ where the actual assets are stored it will not work. You cannot have any extra folders in-between the custom assets folder and the assets.
I see

iballll

Feb 15, 2024
I did this and it still won’t work