Hey there

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by alecom, May 25, 2009.

1. alecom

alecom L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Long time reader, first time poster here
    - okay well by long time only a month or so but hey!

I regularly play tf2, and am now getting into making maps :)
    I'm still working on my first map, but I want it to be a fairly decent, playable, nice looking one - so it won't be done for a while. It is my first one so I don't expect it to be done too quickly, since there are lots of things to learn - but this does not discourage me.
    It's going to be a regular dustbowl style map, with *hopefully* some fancy looking things that will make people more inclined to liking it. I have actually had a few ideas that I thought would make it awesome, but it seems I cannot come up with anything original as my ideas have already been implemented (e.g. a laser on the final cap firing a laser when it is capped / some toxic theme) so I think the aesthetic side will be the hardest.

Anyway you'll probably get me asking a question or two in the future, but for now there's enough posts for me to browse through without making a repeat question thread!

oh, my steam name is also alecom if you want to join me in game

2. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. alecom

alecom L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks, and I don't think I'll be releasing it just yet, it still has a fair few problems I need to sort before it's really playable and not exploitable
    How often are these gamedays?

4. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Gamedays are on Fridays in the euro server and Saturday/Sunday in the U.S. server.