Help with making rotating water wheel players can stand on

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by F4NGS, Jul 25, 2017.

1. F4NGS

F4NGS L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I'm making a map that has a rotating water wheel and I need help to try to figure out how to make it so players can stand on the wheel without it stopping. The wheel is made from brushes and I used this tutorial to make it. https://tf2maps.net/threads/tutorial-func_rotating-replacement.4107/

Is there any water wheel props out there? It might make It easier to implement.

Also is it possible to make it so stickies will stick on it?

2. Lampenpam

aa Lampenpam

Positive Ratings:
    Try making the wheel a func_brush and parent it to a rotating entity. The rotating entity now can only be a single small brush that is just there to rotate the func_brush.

Pretty sure there isn't

• Like Like x 1
  3. Diva Dan

aa Diva Dan hello!

Positive Ratings:
    Stickies stay stuck to prop_dynamics, but stay in the air once they move- maybe try func_physbox.

• Like Like x 1
  4. F4NGS

F4NGS L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I did this and it's helping a lot! I don't get stuck to the wheel as often. The only time I am getting stuck is when I get wedged between the wheel and another brush, I'm adding clipping to help that. Thank you for the suggestion!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Diva Dan

aa Diva Dan hello!

Positive Ratings:
    No problem! I believe that there is also and option on the func_physbox - or phys_motor - that makes it so it will stop if something gets in the way.