Help creating a Payload Cart.

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by DjanGo, Dec 14, 2014.

1. DjanGo

DjanGo L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hey there. I want to put almost everything on my map (a couple of control points, payload carts, etc). I want to make a moving cart only, not to explode it or cap points with it. I've fully read this wiki like 5 times, and didn't yet find the way to make it moving, it only says I must create thousand entities, capturing brushes, etc. I already have control points on my map and I don't want them to be captured with the cart.

Resuming, I only want to know what should I do to move the cart with a brush or anything that makes it moving forward/back. Thanks.

2. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    The core entity of a moving cart is the func_tracktrain entity, anything else is for the game mode. You can use that entity for any moving object.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. DjanGo

Positive Ratings:
    Hey, thanks for answering. I've been already working with the next entities:

prop_physics_override (cart model)
    func_tracktrain
    path_track (start & end)
    phys_constraint (tracktrain to Entity 1 | cart model to Entity 2)

So, is there a flag, output or anything to make the tracktrain movable by approaching to it? Thanks again.

4. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    You need some sort of trigger to check if there are players in the area around the cart.

Btw, you can just use a prop_dynamic for the cart model, you probably don't need full physics.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. DjanGo

Positive Ratings:
    What brush/output(s) can I use for that? Thanks.