Healthkits

boykevin

L1: Registered
Dec 30, 2007
Hey is there a way to have healthkits spawn after they've been used?
i googled and stuff i couldnt find anything for it?
any help?

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
item_healthkit_medium (small or full)
item_ammopack_medium (small or full)

these both respawn after use.

Hyperviper

Aug 17, 2008
Nope, no need for a timer or anything like that.
Healthkits will respawn after a set amount of time, but bigger ones will take longer to respawn.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Not that I know of, the time is standardised and I havent seen any options to change it (might be a server side cvar though..)

endyss

Aug 22, 2008
There has to be some way to alter the respawn time for healthkits and ammo... I'm working on a map now and they respawn FAR too quickly!

Also, now on Arena maps, a mapper may want a healthkit to not respawn at all, so anyone have an idea how to do it?

endyss

Aug 22, 2008
Don't forget to add a delay to it, Cause the chances are it would give the added health/ammo/
Pardon the mapping newbie here... can you explain how to do those things?

Actually, I'd like to make the healthkits and ammo respawn, but on the arena map I'm working on now, even item_ammopack_full entities respawn in less than 10 seconds. I'd just like to delay that if not turn them off completely.

T

The Asylum

What you could do is send itself a Disable input OnPlayerTouch. The player still gets his health/ammo and the kit is removed from gameplay. You could also have the item send itself an Enable imput after a delay of x number of seconds OnPlayerTouch to make it "respawn"

ETA: Adding a delay is easy. On the Output tab, you'll see the fields like My OutPut Named, Target this Entity, etc. There's a box labelled After a Delay of [___] seconds. This means that whatever output this entiry sends, it won't happen after the specified time has elapsed.

Last edited by a moderator: