CP Hayloft

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Was looking at the map tonight with Walka, looks like it might be fun to play. These are some things I saw while looking at it.

You can get up on these outcropping around the silo on the final point, I don't know if you want to give access to height there or not.

Just wondering where these models came from, they're kind of random and seem really out of place. At the same time, it does make the map a little easier to remember.

I don't know if I really like these raised gates. They're an interesting feature, but I can see hitting them while jumping or just having my jumps be restricted by them end up being really annoying. Maybe make them vertical so they don't have as much of a footprint on the map, or just make it so you can just jump right through them.
Ah yes, I knew I had to warn you about something. Sorry, dogbread is an inside joke amongst tf2maps.net, as was the hat/monocle for the final point.

I will see what I can do about the gates, I don't think they have a vertical model, so i'll just make the gates nonsolid and clip the base of them. Did you guys have anythoughts on the large building that had a medHP/fullammo pack in it? (the one closest to blu's spawn) that building has been causeing some issues for me and would like some feedback on it.

Thanks again waxpax and group for testing this!

@Sword... ESEA?

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Did you guys have anythoughts on the large building that had a medHP/fullammo pack in it? (the one closest to blu's spawn) that building has been causeing some issues for me and would like some feedback on it.

I dreamed the pickups were moved to the red side wall and it worked better.

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010

I'll look into it.

And what is it with people dreaming about my map... Swordfish had a feverdream the other day about the first point, now you...

I don't know if I should be creeped out or honored.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
When I go to bed I am usually thinking about Hammer, for whatever reason, which leads to stuff like this.

waxpax

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 25, 2011
Ah yes, I knew I had to warn you about something. Sorry, dogbread is an inside joke amongst tf2maps.net, as was the hat/monocle for the final point.

I will see what I can do about the gates, I don't think they have a vertical model, so i'll just make the gates nonsolid and clip the base of them. Did you guys have anythoughts on the large building that had a medHP/fullammo pack in it? (the one closest to blu's spawn) that building has been causeing some issues for me and would like some feedback on it.

Thanks again waxpax and group for testing this!

@Sword... ESEA?

Inside joke makes a little more sense than what I was thinking, I was guessing it was your pet dog or something :p

That building to the right of the 1st point, it seemed almost useless, but, at the same time, I can see the utility of keeping it as a way to flank the point. There are some things I might suggest, though:

I think you should change this lunch box to a snack (small ammo and a pill)

I think you should consider putting a window or something in the middle of this wall above the water so you can see if someone is flanking you more easily as a defender and you can use it to peek the point a little more and get a better idea of what you're up against as offense

Also, I think, if you change that lunch box to a snack, you should upgrade this ammo to a medium pack so that engineers still have metal to support their buildings

Also, we haven't tried playing this map yet, we were just looking at it to see if it would work. One issue it will probably have, though, is that if you're using stock respawn times, it might be impossible to really hold on defense in 6s because the offense's spawn advantage will be too great. You might be able to get around that problem by not having a forward respawn, though. I know when we played Desertion, we ran into this problem, the offense had respawns of like 5 seconds and defense of like 20 seconds when pushing onto last; it's probably necessary in a pub, but it just doesn't work in 6s on these linear AD maps. That said, I really haven't looked at the spawns times, or cap times for that matter, so I'm not really sure if it would be an issue or not.

One last thing: ESEA is the major league in NA, it's where I'm hoping to get some the maps that work well in 6s in next season's rotation. I think next season starts somewhere around August, so hopefully that's enough time to find a map or two and create some buzz for it. It's currently between regular season and the playoffs for season 8, if you were curious.

waxpax

Feb 25, 2011

I actually had this idea too, but I thought it might be too much health and ammo really close to the point. Idk, it's one of those things I think I'd have to play with a couple times to decide on because I could argue it either way.

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
Alright, well, I don't know why. Maybe it was Sword and Yyler... but I too had a dream about this map. And its made me realize how much I don't like it anymore.. I like the last point, but the first point. I don't know. I just can't think of a granary themed setup I like for it...

While I work on rundown I'm going to thinking of a new setup for it. Not sure what I'll do. but I'm going to do it... it'll stay with the granary theme, but I may introduce construction into it to.

Yea... Its kinda like the Icarus effect. I'm going to be going through like 30 alphas.

waxpax

Feb 25, 2011
I was thinking of trying to pug this map this weekend too. Ah, well, still might, and, maybe if it goes well, it'll give you some confidence in the first point.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
Ah, well, still might, and, maybe if it goes well, it'll give you some confidence in the first point.

So many commas