Hard Question: Custom Health Packs

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Rizz, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Rizz

Rizz L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    In my map, I'm wanting to incorporate a custom health pack. Is it possible to have any sort of custom health vial that you can pick up and it disappears for 30+ seconds then respawns?
    My goal is to have a custom model/brush that can heal a player the same way a normal Small/Medium/Full Health Pack does.

If anyone can help (if this is possible that is), I'd give you irl karma for future good luck. ;)
    Just playing of course, but in all seriousness, I'd be very happy if someone could link me to some sort of tutorial, or explain in clean logical steps how I could go about doing this.
    I did search on this forum, and on FPSBanana before asking, but to no avail.

2. gamemaster1996

gamemaster1996 L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    Actually it's quite simple if i undderstand your question correctly. As long as you have a custom model, you can just use the entity for healthkits and select the custom model bit and enter the directory of the model you want it to use.

3. Rizz

Positive Ratings:
    I see. What if I use a brush instead of a model?
    Do you know what the entity is called exactly?

Is it the same one to spawn a health kit normally?

4. Penguin

aa Penguin Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome

Positive Ratings:
    Yes, healthkits have a keyvalue that allows you to assign them custom models on an individual basis.

5. gamemaster1996

gamemaster1996 L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    It is indeed the same entity as a normal healthkit and i beleive you cant use a brush however im sure somebody would be willing to whip you up a model in the requests section.

6. Rizz

Positive Ratings:
    Ah, thanks guys.