1. On August 16th at 9pm CST, the site will be put in to read only mode for maintenance. Maintenance should not take longer than an hour.

Hammer go poof

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Deodorant, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Deodorant

Deodorant L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hello again fair denizens of the mapping realms. My Hammer appears to have developed crippling self-esteem issues about showing me maps. I can open Hammer just fine, but whenever I try to open a map the progress bar goes to 33% percent and then the program just straight up shuts down. No error message, no 'not responding', it just disappears. It's not just when I try to open any of my own map files, the same happens when I try to open the completely untampered-with vmf's of Valve maps as well. Any idea what might cause this and what I can do about it?

2. phi

aa phi Within The Vacuum Of Infinity...

Positive Ratings:
    It could be the ammobox glitch that was talked about awhile ago, try resetting your SDK content.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  3. Jeremy

Jeremy L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    Sounds like that bug everyone had regarding ammo packs. Try resetting your game configurations and try again.

EDIT: Dammit PDT

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Deodorant

Deodorant L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I was gone for a while, so I've missed any such discussion. That's probably it. How do I refresh the configurations, then?

5. Jeremy

Jeremy L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    Click on "Reset Game Configurations" in the Source SDK window.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  6. Nerdbot

Nerdbot L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Came here with this same issue. The odd part is that I picked up Hammer again a week ago with no problems and it seems to have just developed this today.

Works fine now, though!

7. deadsource

deadsource L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Maybe it didn't update last time? Because the update is at fault.