Halloween payloads and spells [Man needs help making a map?!]

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Smiley the Smile, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Smiley the Smile

Smiley the Smile L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I am in the process of making a Halloween-themed payload map and I really need help with 2 things:
    1) Spell pickups act differently on my map for some reason,the spell hud doesn't show up.Is there some sort of entity that activates it or..?
    2) plr_hightower_event's cart spews out spells when the cart is capped.How do I add that effect to my own payload?

Thanks for the help.

2. My bad

My bad L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    1)
    tf_logic_holiday?

3. Smiley the Smile

Positive Ratings:
    It doesn't affect spells apparently.

4. Izotope

aa Izotope Never releases maps

Positive Ratings:
  5. Smiley the Smile

Positive Ratings:
  6. Powerlord

Powerlord L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    I haven't looked at a decompiled version of hell tower, but I always assumed it was using the path_track's OnPass outputs with a pair of env_entity_makers (one per cart) and a point_template that references a tf_spell_pickup entity that has it's auto-materialize disabled.

Edit: Although, now that I think about it, there are probably better ways of doing this using the team_train_watcher or something.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  7. Benoist3012

Benoist3012 L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Unfortunately it's another hardcoded thing, it's the obj map dispenser that spawns spells when healing players, but it looks internally for helltower halloween scenario so yeah it's restricted to helltower. Sorry

8. Smiley the Smile

Positive Ratings:
    Eh,I think that my map has enough crazy stuff going on already.
    Thanks anyway,everyone.

9. ics

aa ics http://ics-base.net

Positive Ratings:
    I did ask about this feature few months ago, that if it would be possible to implement into the maps. I would have wanted to use it with this cauldron, to make the spell pop out from it instead of lid dropping through the spell itself. In the mail, i was told they could take a look at exposing that feature to maps at some point but week ago i asked again and received no reply anymore. Either the team is busy or its sadly off the table. :-/

10. Benoist3012

Benoist3012 L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Same here i usually get lot of response to my emails but recently, silence..