Griffin

KotH Griffin A1.1

Joe-e

L1: Registered
Sep 28, 2020
Griffin - Beginner

This is my first map, koth_griffin. It's not amazing, but I learned a lot while making it.

Billo

aa
Feb 8, 2016
Hey there and welcome to the nerds club.

Since you are a new mapper here I might as well give you some advice to help you with your work.

1) Compile often. When you design an area compile the map after you have sealed it of course so as to avoid any potential leaks and run around it. The feel in hammer vs how it actually is in game is completely different. You could spot some over/underscaled areas this way or in general this could give you a better understanding of your map.

2) Play a lot with brushes. Judging from the screenshots the map is empty in many areas. This could be easily fixed by adding a building somewhere or an interesting structure. That's when compiling often comes in handy, you see opportunities like this and you make 'em a reality.

3) I know that you're a new mapper but when I am designing a map, I always make a map that me, myself would like to play on.
Maybe this could help you down the line. When you understand the program, how it works and stuff, create a map that you would love to play on. Take risks and maybe you will make something great.

Hope I helped!