Giving post aministrating rules

Werewolf

Probably not a real Werewolf
aa
Apr 12, 2011
I know this is really directed at the site admins, but why would you want to? I could maybe understand letting another user edit the download page for a shared creation, but why would you need to on the forums?

Werewolf

aa
Apr 12, 2011
That would be changing who the author of the poster is then, not giving them admin privileges. I'm guessing that one of the senior admins could go into the back-end and change who the listed author of a post is, but really they would need to say if A) that's possible, and B) if they even would.

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
It's possible for an admin to reassign a download to another user - that's part of the forum functionality. I'm not sure we can do the same to threads and posts, but the other person could simply make their own thread to be linked to the download instead.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Is this something they're demanding as part of the agreement with you? Because you still created the map, regardless of whom for, and I've never heard of someone objecting to letting the creator retain ownership of the thread. It's not like they're the ones who are going to be responsible for updating it in the future, either, and if you hand the download over to them, you won't be able to update it anymore.

Werewolf

aa
Apr 12, 2011
Is this something they're demanding as part of the agreement with you? Because you still created the map, regardless of whom for, and I've never heard of someone objecting to letting the creator retain ownership of the thread. It's not like they're the ones who are going to be responsible for updating it in the future, either, and if you hand the download over to them, you won't be able to update it anymore.
That's a good point actually. It's one thing to pay for someone else to make/edit a map for you, but that person should ideally keep the credit for doing so. Other people should be allowed to know that a given map was a commissioned piece of work, including who commissioned it and who actually did the work.