Getting a map out there?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by a2h, Sep 28, 2008.

1. a2h

a2h L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I find it difficult to develop maps with me as the only tester sometimes. I am not very good some classes, and I have to make guesses as to what these classes would do in a certain given situation. And how am I sure what other classes would do? I know my map best; what would others do?

I would love to run a server, but my upload is only 128kbps, and my parent's wouldn't be willing to pay money to let me run a server.

I do know a server admin, but the only servers he runs are stock maps, arena and fun maps.

My map isn't exactly ready to be on a rotation all the time, but I really need feedback.

So what can I possibly do?

2. MrAlBobo

MrAlBobo L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    well...if you beg someone here they might put it on the tf2maps server for you...

other then that you could buy a gameserver online...or find another server op

3. nossie

nossie L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    wait for the next gameday? :p

4. a2h

a2h L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    ._.

How?

EDIT:
    ???

5. Bonafide

Bonafide L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    gameday is usually saturday and sunday afternoons when we as a community get together and test maps in development. The only requirement is that the map is fully functional in its game mode. For example if its CP, then the CP's all work.

6. FaTony

FaTony Banned

Positive Ratings:
    U can also do 500 posts to get the ability to test ur map on the official server.

7. AWESOME-O

AWESOME-O L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    give me link to map, i'll see if its reasonable playable, and i might upload it to our server.