Getting a fail to open error during compiling.

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Eternal, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Eternal

Eternal L69: Deviant Member

Positive Ratings:
    This is really getting on my nerves as I have no idea what caused the problem to start, I don't have any leaks or anything like that. The thing is that I was having trouble because I'd compile the map and tell it to load up TF2 and run it, but the map that would be run would be an older compiled version of the map so I tried making a new file name for the compiled file by saving the file as pl_inwork_07 and then compiling (I cycle through 6 different files when saving the maps that way if I make a mistake I can go back to an older copy) but when I try to compile I get this error.

2. Geit

aa Geit 💜 I probably broke it 💜

Positive Ratings:
    IIRC, This error suggests a complete failure in compiling during VBSP.exe, or an empty map, could you post the full compile log please, it'd be easier to see what's going on with that.

3. Eternal

Eternal L69: Deviant Member

Positive Ratings:
    I found the problem, somehow a displacement I had made had become a func_detail.... I couldn't figure out how to change its visgroup so I just deleted it, not too big a deal thankfully since its just a background view aesthetic.