Game Days: Part IX - April 5 and 6

kimangroo

L3: Member
Mar 15, 2008
I really don't think half an hour is long enough for the majority of mulitple stage maps

Yeah I agree with you. I don't think it's long enough for any good map really, it's just unavoidable for multiple map testing.

Not having it in the gameday isn't a problem really beacuse its been in the rotation of both our teamplay server and our maplab server so its had plenty of unadulterated air time

Ahh, well fair enough then. :)

ryodoan

Resident Bum
Nov 2, 2007
Map submissions have ended (unless you have already talked to me).

Saturday game days rotation is set as above, Sunday can be changed but DONT CONTACT ME ABOUT IT. I will either be drunk, hung over, or at a baseball game (maybe all three) until late saturday / early sunday.

If you want something changed on the Sunday game day contact DJive.

MangyCarface

Mapper
aa
Feb 26, 2008
Saturday game days rotation is set as above, Sunday can be changed but DONT CONTACT ME ABOUT IT. I will either be drunk, hung over, or at a baseball game (maybe all three) until late saturday / early sunday.

QF awesomeness.

My map's been uploaded at my thread ( in sig )

Colt Seavers

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 30, 2007
koth_corporate_b3
cp_siege_alpha2
cp_starlight
ctf_torch_b1
ctf_cruise_a3
cp_spywinder_optim <<<< i presumed this is the place in the rotation you want this?
billiards_b3
cp_roswell
cp_smbcastle2

rotation set from maps available as above. Server will restart through rcon to koth_corporate_b3 to begin fresh rotation within 5 minutes of start time.

i'll try to get on for a game or two but still decorating the house :( Enjoy!!!

Last edited:

kimangroo

Mar 15, 2008
Ah well, I've been trying to connect to the server since the map test began but with no success.

For some reason I'm unable to download maps from any tf2 server but to get around this I made sure to download the maps normally beforehand. However when I connect to the server (after about 5-10 mins and 20 refreshes cos of "server not responding" errors) it then starts trying to download various things such as materials/decals/rugby_something which takes about 30-40 min before finally tf2 and steam just crash giving me an engine error model not complete yadayada...

:confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1::confused1:

No idea what's going on there at all. I've turned off the windows firewall, stuck the computer in the dmz of the router and changed just about every setting imaginable.

I've now given up hope on getting the downloads to work properly and just wanted to ask if someone could post the necessary custom content for the playday server here so I could download it via my browser.

Thanks!

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
You shouldnt need that content, no one else has it or is downloading it, not quite sure whats going on for you, but I think the model problem is the map starlight (had several server crashes whilst on that map)

There are a few slots now try again.

Edit: now it seems its not just that map, not sure what is going on though..

Last edited:

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
have you tried to connect to both gameday servers?, some people have better luck with click>follow command. Hop in to the steam chat room and click one of us and join game that way.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Apology from Colt (hes unable to post it himself): We are not sure what is going wrong with the server, we're restarting it and hopeing that it will go smoothly now but no promises as we really have no idea whats going wrong. Sorry that its going wrong on the night we're actually using it but thats how these things happen

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
no worrys, only takes 2 seconds for a restart and another 6 for a map load =)

kimangroo

Mar 15, 2008
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I hope you didn't restart the server on my account, I'm sure the problem is my end. I was just looking for a quick n dirty fix so i could get connected. I tried again just now but it's still trying to download some goddam rugby texture!!

I tried out a few other servers, about a third don't respond, some are fine and some of the custom ones try and send me the quake/domination.mp3s etc or other files even though I've already got them...

This seems to be some issue with my connection/comp/router + Steam rather than anything specific to the tf2maps server or any of the custom maps being played.

I'll do some googling and try and get it sorted for tomorrow instead.

Back to hammer for me then.

Enjoy the last few maps!

Reanimated

L1: Registered
Oct 26, 2007
Crackalley_b2 isn't going to be ready for Sunday so you can take it off the list. I didn't have as much time to work yesterday as I thought I'd have so I'm going to hold on to it another week. Although I didn't want to skip a gameday after releasing b1, I'd rather release betas with all known issues fixed at a slower rate than push out a revision just for the sake of gameday. I apologize for any rotation confusion I might have caused.

Jimbomcb

L1: Registered
Feb 12, 2008
Any chance of testing out cp_ignition_b4 for the gameday tomorrow? It's already uploaded to the server

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
Any chance of testing out cp_ignition_b4 for the gameday tomorrow? It's already uploaded to the server

If you can send me the link i will get it into rotation tomorrow.

Last edited:

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
ty. would be then 7:30pm est

Map List for 04/06/08

koth_corporate_b3
cp_siege_alpha2
cp_starlight
ctf_torch_b1
ctf_cruise_a3
cp_spywinder_optim
cp_ignition_b4
billiards_b3
cp_roswell
cp_smbcastle2

Last edited:

Colt Seavers

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 30, 2007
Really enjoyed yesterdays session! Some awesome maps under development here guys! I'll get some feedback up soon.

Here as promised :

Source TV Demo's of the whole (Europe) GameDay.

Apologies - some maps are on multiple files due to server crashes (uploading as I type so give it 30 minutes - there lots of them).
http://www.coltsplayground.net/downloads/TF2MapsDemos

Last edited: