Future for TF2

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 9, 2008
I wish that when a class update came out everyone got the weapons straight away, and the point of achievements was just to show skill. Theres nothing wrong with new weapons if everyone gets them.

lerlerson

L2: Junior Member
Nov 27, 2007
Although I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you guys, you're missing the point of tying unlockables to Achievements.

Think of each class' base weapons. When you start playing the class, you only have those weapons. You get a feel for the class, understand how to use them. At that point, you should at least have Milestone 2. Then, with a little effort, Milestone 3 comes. The point of Achievements is to get you to understand how to play the class, before giving you the unlocks that are, whether or not they're upgrades, more advanced, with a few exceptions, such as the Blutsaugher, Ubersaw and KGB.

Backburner- Makes Pyro work all the harder to ambush targets.

Flare Gun- Pretty useless, actually. Nevermind.

Axtinguisher- Makes Pyro think a bit more about how he's going to ambush a target. If he keeps the Airblaster, he has little need for the Backburner if he has the Axtinguisher and is good, because he can Backburn the target then Axtinguish them, near instant kill.

Kritzkrieg- The mother of all situational unlocks. Seriously, you get a feel of when to Uber quite easily with the Ubercannon, but this requires a lot of thought to use. Imagine a first-time Medic using it. Yeah, not a good idea.

I could go on, but there's no point. If you really want the Unlocks right away, just use achievementhack.exe. Not hard.

Shadowclad

L1: Registered
Jul 3, 2008
I have an idea: cosmetic upgrades.
So you have the alternative weapons as an option that comes straight away whether or not you complete any achievements. Maybe however, you can earn golden weapons like in *gasp*, I said it: Call of Duty Four. It would be cool to have something that says you've completed everything and that you are a fairly experienced player without making the game unfair for the less skilled.

Hawk

L7: Fancy Member
Dec 3, 2007
I don't count that as a reason because you said you choose not to use it. There is currently no difference between seeing the backburner on your loadout screen and seeing the Milestone 2 achievement sitting there nice and lit up in your achievements list.

Also, unlockable content in games like Super Smash Bros. Brawl, that are meant to be played primarily in a multiplayer setting, is just as retarded as achievement-based unlocks in TF2.

I told you I play games differently and enjoy them differently. If you think that's retarded then that's your prerogative. I don't feel retarded for enjoying unlocking game content.

However, I do take issue to you telling me how I regard an unlocked weapon. Trust me, I do enjoy having an unlocked weapon in my inventory, even if I don't use it. And I like the feeling that I earned it through good playing and teamwork.

Last edited:

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
I told you I play games differently and enjoy them differently. If you think that's retarded then that's your prerogative. I don't feel retarded for enjoying unlocking game content.

However, I do take issue to you telling me how I regard an unlocked weapon. Trust me, I do enjoy having an unlocked weapon in my inventory, even if I don't use it. And I like the feeling that I earned it through good playing and teamwork.

exactly...exactly right in every way

but really though, its a matter of your mindset. If you are desperate for new weapons then this method will piss you off. I rather enjoy just playing the game and using the new weapons whenever you get them naturally. I don't even know what the heavy achievements require and ive got 10 <_<
And tactical advantage...pesh, generally speaking the old weapons are just as good as the new ones, though the old ones will tend to be more effective as you are familiar with them.
If you really hate achievements that much then just use the auto achievement program <_<

And...you dont...insult...smash bros...