ARENA Furnace -BETA-

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Raxater, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Raxater

Raxater L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Heatchamber -BETA-

In a lost wide landscape of America, lays a strange building. A creation out of mankind's mind, a human-burning giant furnace! That's what Team RED and BLU discovered. On first thoughts you wouldn't find any use for this kind of machinery, neither on second thoughts. But on third, you might start telling yourself ''If humans work by themselves, then they contain energy. That means that I could consume this energy by burning the f'out of them!'' or ''I always wondered what human flesh tastes like...'' or other practical issues of our life. Naturally, RED and BLU need more than a paper for the heatchamber to belong to one of them, they need war. But, ''Oh oh...'', your weapons do not seem to tolerate heat! How sad. Here, grab this melee weapon and make this furnace YOURS!

-Note- This is defenetly not ment to follow the tf2 stock map specs, just a random map I made to chill a little out of the payload map contest, yes, I'm participating to it and choosed a n***** we***** f*ci**** as theme. :) I'm not sharing this idea >:c

First map posted, yet my fifth one. Still in progress.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  2. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    You might want to put some pictures up so people can check out the map before downloading.

3. Raxater

Positive Ratings:
    I did put some screenshots and a main picture, but I believe it failed to upload with the map. Gonna fix that in 2 hours.

4. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    There's already a fairly well known map called cp_furnace. You'll want to change your name to avoid confusion, sorry.

5. Raxater

Positive Ratings:
    There, changed to heatchamber, hopefully this one isn't taken.

6. Yacan1

aa Yacan1 D I G I T A L I N F L U E N C E R

Positive Ratings:
    You might want to change that wording...

7. Raxater

Positive Ratings:
    How about I change the hole wording? :D

8. Yacan1

aa Yacan1 D I G I T A L I N F L U E N C E R

Positive Ratings:
    well, a human furnace is un realistic, gruesome, and cruel. The Mann brothers arn't comminting geonocide or murderding civilians, they hire mercs to kill each other. I would more or less change the furnace in the map. idk how, it's just so much red at once.

9. gamemaster1996

gamemaster1996 L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    How can we be so sure? I beleive in TFC they were maybe

10. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    *sigh*

Let me find my old post on this, since i've said this before. Semi-relevant.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. gamemaster1996

Positive Ratings:
    Considering Holocaust remembrance day was 2 days ago seems pretty shallow.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Raxater

Positive Ratings:
    I believe that this map ain't more but a fail right now. How do I delete it?

13. LeSwordfish

Positive Ratings:
    I dislike the core furnace idea, but that's no reason to delete the map. You set your cards out that it wasn't a standard tf2 map, and i was personally arguing with the idea that it was. Perhaps retheming the map to be more standard tf2? or even just removing the giant human furnace, since that's the bit that's really jarring.

Did you actually read my post? I'm saying its a bad idea. And why is it shallower around holocaust remembrance day than any other day of the year?

14. Raxater

Positive Ratings:
    Removing the furnace won't be a big deal, indeed. Finding something to replace it just might be a little harder thought. I've already thought of a maplegrove, but I wanted to spare it for a larger standard map. And appart that, I can't get enough inspiration to figure out what sort of huge non-cruel machinery could go on that floor that would bring both teams to fight for it and that isn't already taken. :confused:

15. gamemaster1996

Positive Ratings:
    I know you said it's a bad idea.
    And I say it seems shallower then because after holocaust rememberance day people tend to remember the holocaust alot more.

Well there are several jokes I could make about what to put on that floor but I'm not going to make them.
    You could have a rocket ship inside of there?

16. LeSwordfish

Positive Ratings:
    Frankly, it doesn't matter. Make a brush about the right size in a dev texture, and then decide what to do with it when you've finished testing.

17. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    I don't know what's more depressing: That this isn't the first time you've had to say this, or that I think I remember when the last time was.