1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

Full Animation List?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Stickeyjam, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Stickeyjam

Stickeyjam L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Is there a list with every animation on it somewhere? I'm creating a few prop_dynamics of players, but would be handy to know what animation codes I can use on them.

I'm talking about things like, selectionmenu_idle and taunt01 etc.

2. lana

aa lana Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    You should be able to see available animations in the model viewer. Click through the tabs on the bottom right panel.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  3. HellJumper

aa HellJumper

Positive Ratings:
    This man is right. Alternatively (not recommended) you can decompile the model and check the .qc file for the animations.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. zero_rogue

zero_rogue L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I would also suggest using the model tab in the object properties window. It should show all available animations under the sequence drop down. The placed model will use any animations you select. This way you can see what it will look like in your map.

Keep in mind however,

1)This does not set the model to use the animation(only a preview)

2)every prop of the same model will also use the animation. (so make sure to put it back to "ref" or "idle" when done)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Stickeyjam

Stickeyjam L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks all! One last thing, the randomly animate propery doesn't seem to work on prop_dynamics. I have a model of a Pyro that taunts every second, but when I turn on randomly animate, it won't animate all, even with the random animation settings set.

6. Jethro

Jethro MUSty Complainer

Positive Ratings:
    Take a look at the decompiled pl_thundermountain to see how they did it.