Focus

Harpo_53

L2: Junior Member
Apr 24, 2010
Update bump. Moved the rage-inducing pipes and helped poor, pathetically underpowered engies on 1-2.

Harpo_53

Apr 24, 2010
Yet another update bump, probably unneeded however, as I finally submitted it for a playtest, as I decided I didn't NEED to be there for the test.

Mr.Late

L7: Fancy Member
Nov 27, 2009
-Very first CP, there is only 1 exit door to 2nd CP. It is really easy to spam from there to the point. You might want to add a side route there.

-Trains are clipped badly, you cannot shoot anything over them, you cannot jump on them, even it seems possible.

-2nd stage 1st point seems a bit too hard to defend. Also the last point is hard to defend.

Harpo_53

Apr 24, 2010
-Very first CP, there is only 1 exit door to 2nd CP. It is really easy to spam from there to the point. You might want to add a side route there.

-I'll work on this, I have a few solutions in mind.

-Trains are clipped badly, you cannot shoot anything over them, you cannot jump on them, even it seems possible.

-Fixed (in case you're interested, the clip itself was actually just an ancient relic from when the map was shaped VERY differently).

-2nd stage 1st point seems a bit too hard to defend. Also the last point is hard to defend.

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree here. The last point is NOT hard to defend, but the only time anyone got to it, the teams (meaning the players) were pathetically unbalanced and it was just a steamroll. As for the first point, it could probably use some work but for the time being I'm only going to make small changes.

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
Actually, i have to agree with Late on 2nd stage first point.
It just lacks any decent defence spots because blue soldiers/demos/scouts can come from anywhere because of the breakable windows. Make the windows solid and and have some gaps between them to still have soldiers/demos/scouts a way in.

Also very first point needs flanking route, possibly one leading to platform above point.
Second point feels too sentry friendly, make it less cramped and remove those boxes.

The final point was also quite hard to defend due the open nature to it, it had no single decent spot to set up sentry, it needs to be more tight.

Harpo_53

Apr 24, 2010
Actually, i have to agree with Late on 2nd stage first point.
I worded my reply wrong. I agree that the first point needs work, but the final point does not so much (see last few sentences)

It just lacks any decent defence spots because blue soldiers/demos/scouts can come from anywhere because of the breakable windows. Make the windows solid and and have some gaps between them to still have soldiers/demos/scouts a way in.

Perhaps. I was considering leaving perhaps only the back two windows breakable (and changing the texture on the side and front to make them look more solid). This would still allow a route in, but it would be harder to get to and would be easier to watch.

Also very first point needs flanking route, possibly one leading to platform above point.
Well, I'm changing the first point quite a bit in the next version, and a flanking route to the platform would just...not work in the new one. I'll see what I can do, but I think the changes may make a flanking route much less necessary.

Second point feels too sentry friendly, make it less cramped and remove those boxes.
No. I don't mean to be rude here, but no. Without the boxes, that point is impossible to defend as earlier playtests revealed. Less cramped, maybe. I'm working on changing that point quite a bit as well, but I think the boxes will probably still remain. They provide enough cover from most classes while still allowing demos to spam over them.

The final point was also quite hard to defend due the open nature to it, it had no single decent spot to set up sentry, it needs to be more tight.
There is not a SINGLE sentry spot that perfectly covers every entrance...but that would be a bit ridiculous for a final point like this. Two sentries, as private playtests have revealed, however, can cover the entire room; and an entire team supporting the engies makes it pretty balanced. I have already made some changes to this point to allow better sentries, but I really have to say that this point needs the least amount of work.

Harpo_53

Apr 24, 2010
Update bump, hopefully I didn't forget anything.

Also, I beg of you, no complaints about the 3D Skybox. It's there to see if I could make one, not to make the map look good quite yet.