CP False Legacy

Sergis

L666: ])oo]v[
aa
Jul 22, 2009
I'm surprised after 2 pages no-one told you it's way too dark. I mean if you cant even see the detail on your own viewmodel or tell what color an arrow sign is, I expect not to be able to tell teams apart until it's too late.

i still haven't updated the screens :p

waxpax

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 25, 2011
Pugged your map last night, here's the stv: http://www.mediafire.com/?z622222oucd68m0

It really didn't play very well, I don't think it's really made for 6s. There are a lot of flanks around 2nd and mid, seemed like scouts were always behind us during the mid fights. The area around 2nd is also really wide and it makes it difficult to really keep people from getting behind you while you try to cap. Last is pretty bad as a medic since there's only like one way to be able to get to the upper level and, if you want to escape from the upper area, you can only back out of the right side, which is a problem because there's usually something under you blocking the drop downs and if you go left with anyone, you just sort of die.

People liked the detailing of the map, but many felt the torches were too bright. One person said it was "like looking at the surface of the sun" when you were looking at one directly up close. I don't know if you can really fix that without losing visibility, though, and I kind of like the effect of the torches--at a distance, anyway; so I don't know if it's really a problem. I guess it could distract you from aiming a bit if you have to fight close to one, though.

Sergis

L666: ])oo]v[
aa
Jul 22, 2009
I'll probably be switching this map to daytime. I wanted to keep it nighttime, but I also want the map to be "clean" Egypt - no destruction, no wooden platforms everywhere, no spytech except for the middle - and that leaves me with very few options to make the map not look uniform. Daytime will let me have two different lighting tones, while keeping the clean Egypt theme.
cp_falselegacy_b2a0003.jpg

cp_falselegacy_b2a0002.jpg

now to fix the last point, change its layout slightly, make proper 3d sky and add more palms :D