Excess

Excess pa004

Boylee

pew pew pew
aa
Apr 29, 2008
What you have here is a really nice start for a first map.

I would suggest that you treat it as such though and expand upon it. Imagine for a second that the blue spawn isn't a spawn at all but is instead a route in from a previous area. If you extended the tracks through it and built another point and spawn behind it you'd have the first stage of a three part payload map built.

Alternatively you could mirror it, adjust the tracks so that they come close to each other and built some spawns at the sides and you'd have a single stage payload-race map.

Either way it's a great start, keep going and make it into a full sized map, you certainly appear to have the skills to do this well.

socktopus

L1: Registered
Dec 10, 2008
What you have here is a really nice start for a first map.

I would suggest that you treat it as such though and expand upon it. Imagine for a second that the blue spawn isn't a spawn at all but is instead a route in from a previous area. If you extended the tracks through it and built another point and spawn behind it you'd have the first stage of a three part payload map built.

Alternatively you could mirror it, adjust the tracks so that they come close to each other and built some spawns at the sides and you'd have a single stage payload-race map.

Either way it's a great start, keep going and make it into a full sized map, you certainly appear to have the skills to do this well.

thank you for the praise and feedback! i have actually considered expanding the map on many occasions, but due to an extremely busy schedule, i'm barely able to work on it as it is : ( i felt it was "safer" to just try and complete a faster paced short map in the spirit of gorge and hightower.

i have been working on another map alongside this one, still in pre-alpha, that is a three stage payload race. i'm sure it will show up on here sooner or later, once excess reaches more of a finished state.

socktopus

Dec 10, 2008
Updated

Public Alpha 4/Internal Alpha 11 (9/16/2010):
-rebuilt and slightly expanded the area on the forest-side of blu base
-restructured blu battlements slightly
-added a small health/medium ammo pickup in red base

socktopus

Dec 10, 2008
a quick update on map changes after watching the stv replay from today. was also hoping for some feedback after gameday, since unfortunately i wasn't able to make it.

Internal Alpha 13 (9/17/2010):
-fixed red spawnroom doors causing players to sometimes get trapped on them

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
This map is way too small, one lvl 3 sentry locked entire blue team in their spawn.
Red also has huge advance and blu has severe lack of decent flanking routes, all flank routes take you past red spawn.

Have to say tough, that hat pit as last point and the end explosion was awesome.