Euro Map Testing - Friday June 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
If you're going to be smart with me maybe I should just load a1 anyway even though I bothered to upload a2 already. The point is, I have rules and guidelines for a REASON, and NOBODY seems to give a damn about them. If it wasn't me hosting today's gameday you probably wouldn't have gotten your new version uploaded because you did so AFTER the deadline.

MungoKing

L3: Member
Jul 12, 2008
rright. How many years exactly does it take to upload one map?

Gamedays are not a required part of this community, nor is it required of Boojum to host them. If you want to be ungrateful just don't submit your map, that's how it works. Personally I don't think maps should be able to updated past the original submission and should be required to be in .bz2 format, but obviously I don't set the rules around here. You should be grateful for Boojum that he doesn't set either of those rules.

Hellfire

L9: Fashionable Member
Jul 9, 2008
btw,is extension possible?

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Seeing as I scheduled it for 30... no. As long as an author is still making drastic changes to a map I won't consider it "mature" enough to warrant extra testing.

A recent example of a mature map that I gave extensions to was Matterhorn. from about alpha 8 and on he made very little changes to the overall layout and did minor adjustments like moving a door here, changing respawn/cap times there, adding a few more supports for cover over there in an effort to tweak it. So when he began asking for extensions at a10/11 I willingly gave them since he was obviously done with his layout work.

shpladoink

L3: Member
Dec 19, 2007
Unfortunately I was unable to make it to the 1fort test today, but I'd appreciate any feedback from those of you that had a go at it. Was the source tv recorded, or just available to watch at the time of the match?

oops, this should have gone in the US june 6th test thread

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.