entspy

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by AWESOME-O, Jul 9, 2008.

1. AWESOME-O

AWESOME-O L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hey, does anybody knows if its possible to entspy alternitive skins into a valve map, like a custom control point?
    And if its possible, does somebody knows how its done?

2. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    supposedly it is. but its very complicated.
    so the more complicated, the larger the chance you're gonna mess up the bsp file.

althought i hear from mangy, its quite simple to add decals.

3. Laz

Laz L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    why not just replace the current model? all your maps will then use your custom model. It could be you get flagged as a cheater though for using custom skins. like in the old days you could replace your wad files so all the maps had different textures

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. MangyCarface

aa MangyCarface Mapper

Positive Ratings:
    If you put the model onto a server as a separate model rather than a skin, you could entspy into the map and manually change the model for all the capture points to that skin. Conceivably it could be done.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. AWESOME-O

AWESOME-O L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Its not a different model, its just a different texture, and i just want to apply them into the valve maps on our Z serv with our custom Z cp's

6. teddyruxpin

teddyruxpin Sr. Hygiene Technician

Positive Ratings:
    Why not use StripperSource? Lets you change things like this on the fly with no editing of the actual BSP files.

-Teddy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    this is the link
    http://www.bailopan.net/stripper/

i googled strippersource and got a stripper website

edit: just finished messing with this for about an hour. but for the life of me i could not get anything to work. which is likely my fault.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2008
  8. Laz

Positive Ratings:
    what I meant is just locally putting the model file with the new texture in the right location, so he takes then insteadof the default one from the cache. this would only be visible on your side though.

9. ChronoTriggerFan

ChronoTriggerFan L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    A concern with replacing anything in a valve map, is that the game would think the map is not the same, and then, prevent people joining the server because they have a different version of the map.

10. Laz

Positive Ratings:
    indeed, you would have to create a different mapname and let your players download it as a custom.

11. teddyruxpin

teddyruxpin Sr. Hygiene Technician

Positive Ratings:
    Which is why I suggested stripper as it will modify the game during play and not the actual BSP files making it so no one has to download anything new map wise. They may need to download your model but you can use other tools like mani mods download tools to force that or just put the file on a sv_fastdownload url and it will fetch it from there.

-Teddy